This moist and delicious coffee cake goes perfectly with a cup of coffee or tea and a big dollop of RCY yoghurt on the side!
- 2 1/4 cups gluten free flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup coconut oil + 1/4 cup for the crumble
- 1 cup almond milk (or soy)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1/3 cup Raglan Coconut Yoghurt
- Preheat your oven to 180.
- In a large bowl add all the dry ingredients together and mix well. Reserve 1/4 of this mixture, this will be the crumble topping.
- In a separate smaller bowl, combine the almond milk, apple cider vinegar, vanilla extract, coffee and the coconut yoghurt. Whisk together until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients into the large bowl with the dry ingredients and fold them together gently,until just combined, being careful not to over mix as this will cause the cake to be close textured. If you think its too thick, add a little extra almond milk.
- Pour the cake mixture into a cake tin or spring form pan.
- To make the crumble, take the reserved dry mixture and add the 1/4 cup melted coconut oil and mix until crumbs form. Crumble this on top of the cake mixture and put into the preheated oven.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted in the center of the cake.
- Leave the cake to rest for 10-15 minutes then remove from the cake tin.