A friend gave me a frozen jar of her last year’s feijoa harvest – the perfect addition to one of my favourite, very easy recipes.
- 3 ripe fairtrade bananas, mashed
- 1 tbsp organic cane sugar (optional)
- 1/2c organic sunflower oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinammon
- 7 chopped, soaked dates
- 4 large tbsp stewed feijoas
- 1 1/2c flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Nut butter, Blackcurrant and Vanilla RCY, seeds, coconut flakes, raspberry jam.. whatever you have!
- Mix all wet ingredients, then combine with dry ingredients.
- Grease a loaf pan, top with some sliced fresh bananas and bake at 180C for approximately 35-45 minutes. Loaf will rise, be springy and golden.
- To serve; slice and toast, adding a generous layer of Blackcurrant and Vanilla Raglan Coconut Yoghurt, chia seeds, coconut flakes, peanut butter… get creative!