Creamy Alfredo sauce made from cauliflower! Who needs cream and butter when you have this recipe? ????
- 300g Gluten free pasta (or whatever pasta you have on hand)
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 300g cauliflower
- 2 tbsp Raglan Coconut Yoghurt
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast or dairy free cheese
- Put the pasta into a pot with a little bit of salt and let it boil away slowly while you prepare the sauce.
- Cut up the cauliflower into small pieces and put it into a pot with water and boil until its soft but not falling apart. This should take around 10-15 minutes.
- When the cauliflower has softened, put it in the blender with the coconut yoghurt, vegetable stock, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Blend this together until its nice and creamy. Make sure there are no lumpy bits! Give it a taste and add any extra salt and pepper that you think is needed.
- Once the pasta has cooked, take it off the heat and give it a good rinse. Put the pasta back into the pot and place it on low heat and pour the cauliflower sauce over the pasta, stir until all the pasta is coated. Add the peas, basil and parsley. Once the peas have cooked, add the nutritional yeast or dairy free cheese…or both!
- Serve right away and top with extra cheese and parsley.