This simple, quick and delicious meal is great for when you haven’t got time or energy to think about what to cook. You can use gluten free pasta*, or black rice is especially yummy in this dish.
- 4 Handfuls of your favourite pasta*
- 1 Red onion, diced
- 2 Cloves garlic, diced
- Handful of fresh thyme
- 3c Mixed mushrooms, chopped e.g. oyster, button, portobellos
- 3-4 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1/2c Raglan Coconut Yoghurt, natural
- 2 Spring onions
- Salt and black pepper
- Fresh rocket, spinach or greens
- 4 tbsp Toasted seeds, eg. sesame, pumpkin, sunflower
- In a pan, pop the pasta on to boil. Once cooked, turn off the heat and cover.
- In a heavy frying pan, sauté the onions on a low heat.
- When the onions have softened and become sweet, add garlic, thyme, mushrooms and spring onions. Stir occasionally.
- Once mushrooms are almost cooked, add 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar. Stir around.
- On a low heat, mix in the RCY. (Tip: if you want a more liquid sauce, add a little dairy-free milk). Add more vinegar, salt and black pepper to taste.
- Drain the pasta and serve up with your favourite fresh greens, the creamy mushrooms, topping it all with some crunchy seeds.