Our Coconut Yoghurt is the perfect accompaniment to this rich chocolate tart…
- ½ packet pitted dates
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 3 tbsp coconut oil – melted
- 1 tbsp sugar-free maple syrup (or normal)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup puffed quinoa
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ can coconut milk
- 1 block of dark chocolate (preferably 72%)
- Dash of vanilla essence
- Raglan Food Co coconut yoghurt – Natural Greek-Style or Vanilla Bean
- Coconut chips
- Soak the dates in hot water for 10 minutes. Reserve the water.
- Place the nut butter, coconut oil, salt, maple syrup, dates and 3 tbsp of the reserved date water into a blender and blend until well combined.
- Transfer mixture into a bowl.
- Place rolled oats and puffed quinoa into a blender to make a flour. Add to the wet ingredients along with the coconut flour and mix well.
- If it looks dry, add more of the reserved date water. If it looks wet, add some coconut flour.
- Press into a tray that’s lined with baking paper. Ensuring thick edges and a deep middle for the filling to go into.
- Freeze for at least 3 hours before doing the filling.
- For the filling, warm the coconut milk in a pot until lightly bubbling. Add the chocolate and vanilla. Stirring well until the chocolate is melted and well combined.
- Pour into the already prepared crust and place in the fridge for at least 5 hours to set.
- Serve with fresh strawberries, Coconut Yoghurt and coconut chips.
Thank you to Sophia over at @tastings_bysophia for brightening our day with this recipe!