Breakfast of champions – pile ’em high and enjoy!
- 150g buckwheat flour
- 50g coconut sugar
- 10g coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch salt
- 120g Raglan Food Co Organic Raspberry & Lime
- 80g almond butter (or nut/seed butter of your choice)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 150g plant milk
- juice & zest of 1 lime
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- *extra coconut oil for cooking
- pure maple syrup
- Raglan Food Co coconut yoghurt
- freeze dried raspberries
To make the pancakes:
Combine all the dry ingredients in a medium bowl and stir well to combine.
Combine all the wet ingredients (except the raspberries) in a second bowl and use a hand whisk to combine.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
The mix should be quick thick which creates a nice thick pancake. If it’s too thick that it won’t come off a spoon, add a little more milk, or if you prefer flatter pancakes add extra milk accordingly.
Add the raspberries, if using frozen break them up into smaller pieces so they don’t stick to the pan.
To cook the pancakes:
Heat a spoonful of coconut oil in a heavy based fry pan over medium low heat.
When the pan in hot add spoonfuls of pancake mix and shape into round circles.
When you see bubbles appearing all over, flip the pancakes to cook the other side adding more coconut oil as you need it.
Keep an eye on your pan heat, if it gets too hot the pancakes will burn quickly because of the berries.
To serve the pancakes:
- Pile the warm pancakes up on a plate, drizzle with pure maple syrup and top with Raspberry & Lime coconut yoghurt.
Big thanks to Swoon Food for this delicious recipe!