Breakfast of champions – pile ’em high and enjoy!
- 150g buckwheat flour
- 50g coconut sugar
- 10g coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch salt
- 120g Raglan Food Co Organic Raspberry & Lime
- 80g almond butter (or nut/seed butter of your choice)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 150g plant milk
- juice & zest of 1 lime
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- *extra coconut oil for cooking
- pure maple syrup
- Raglan Food Co coconut yoghurt
- freeze dried raspberries
To make the pancakes:
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a medium bowl and stir well to combine.
- Combine all the wet ingredients (except the raspberries) in a second bowl and use a hand whisk to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- The mix should be quick thick which creates a nice thick pancake. If it’s too thick that it won’t come off a spoon, add a little more milk, or if you prefer flatter pancakes add extra milk accordingly.
- Add the raspberries, if using frozen break them up into smaller pieces so they don’t stick to the pan.
To cook the pancakes:
- Heat a spoonful of coconut oil in a heavy based fry pan over medium low heat.
- When the pan in hot add spoonfuls of pancake mix and shape into round circles.
- When you see bubbles appearing all over, flip the pancakes to cook the other side adding more coconut oil as you need it.
- Keep an eye on your pan heat, if it gets too hot the pancakes will burn quickly because of the berries.
To serve the pancakes:
- Pile the warm pancakes up on a plate, drizzle with pure maple syrup and top with Raspberry & Lime coconut yoghurt.
Big thanks to Swoon Food for this delicious recipe!