A perfect 1 serve mini trifle, who would have thought this beauty is vegan?
- 6-8 small pineapple pieces
- 5-6 raspberries or other berries
- 5-6 tbsp of vegan custard
- 8-10 big dollops of Raglan Food Co Vanilla Bean coconut yoghurt
- 5-6 small chunks of vegan sponge or vanilla cake (see hack below)
- 2-3 tsp sparkling lime or lemonade
- Fresh fruit to garnish
- In a medium to large drinking glass place the first layer of pineapple, raspberries, custard and Vanilla Bean yoghurt.
- Add the chunks of vegan sponge cake and drizzle a little sparkling lime or lemonade (not too much! Just enough to slightly moisten the sponge).
- Add one more layer of pineapple, raspberries and custard. Top with big dollops of Vanilla Bean yoghurt.
- Top with fresh fruit and enjoy immediately. Enjoy!
Hacks & alternatives:
- For the adults: instead of using sparkling lime or lemonade, you can use white rum like Malibu or Bacardi (use this responsibly, as it will make it an alcoholic dessert).
- For the vegan sponge cake hack you’ll need 1 x store bought box of Vanilla Cake mix (approx. 400g) and 1 x 200ml mini can of lemonade, or lemon lime and bitters, or just over 3/4 cup of lemonade (save a few teaspoons for drizzling over the sponge in the trifle).
- Preheat oven according to directions and temperature on the cake packet, and grease and line a medium cake tin.
- Add the cake mix to a medium sized mixing bowl, add the lemonade and mix well with a spoon until smooth.
- Pour batter into the prepared cake tin, and bake according to the packet instructions, checking when there are about 10 minutes left to cook as it may take less time to cook. The cake is done when a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Leave cake in pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a cake cooling rack, and ensure it is cooled before using in the trifle.
Thanks to Christall Lowe for bringing this festive recipe together!
Share your creations!
Post your photos to our Facebook Page or use the hashtag #raglanfoodco on Instagram.
Share your creations!
Post your photos to our Facebook Page or use the hashtag
#raglanfoodco on Instagram.
Leave A Comment