Inspired by a Christmas ‘The Caker’ gift, these little lemon and plum beauties are a summery diversion from the not-so-summery weather! This recipe makes 12.
- 1 1/4c Buckwheat Flour
- 1 1/4c Breadfruit Flour (I used Maiden South Pacific)
- 1 Lemon (rind and juice)
- 2 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 4 tbsp Rice syrup
- 4 tbsp Organic raw sugar
- 1c Raglan Coconut Yoghurt (natural)
- 1 Free range egg
- 1/2c Organic sunflower oil
- Sliced fresh plums
- Pinch of salt
- Raglan Coconut Yoghurt (natural or blackcurrant & vanilla)
- Lemon juice (from lemon above)
- Icing sugar
- Freeze-dried plums
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Measure out flour, baking powder, salt and sugar into a large bowl.
- Combine oil, egg, syrup, lemon and sugar in a separate bowl. Remember to save some lemon juice for the icing!
- Add RCY and wet ingredients to the dry ingredients in the large bowl. Combine with a wooden spoon until only just mixed. The batter should be light, fluffy and airy.
- Divide mixture into 12 cupcake moulds or cases, smooth the tops with a wet spoon, then press in the sliced plums.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the tops start to brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Leave to completely cool.
- Make the icing how you like it! I used a combination of RCY natural and blackcurrant, sweetened with a little icing sugar – you can add more or less depending on your taste. I then drizzled a second icing, made from icing sugar, freeze dried plum and lemon juice, and sprinkled more plum pieces to decorate.