The rest of our emissions mainly come from road freight (getting yoghurt into stores), waste (packaging that ingredients & labels etc come in, not product waste – any extra yoghurt gets donated to charity), and electricity usage. We have developed a GHG emissions management plan and reduction targets, and aim to reduce our absolute scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions by 46% by 2025 through:
• Increased efficiencies within the new factory – reuse of water, improved heating & chilling.
• Consolidated freight deliveries.
• Electric company vehicles.
• Renewable energy.
• Reduced waste to landfill – compostable labels, worm farm, and other initiatives.
• Reduced international & domestic air travel.
We have offset our 2020 emissions with carbon credits in projects that include carbon sequestering in Puhoi and Kurinui forest reserves, and supporting a Fair Trade certified solar-powered oven initiative for families in India who want to lower their dependence on coal & dirty fuels.