Gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan cheesecake recipe drizzled with the most amazing salted caramel sauce!
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil, liquefied
- 10 medjool dates
- 1 1/2 cup cashews, soaked overnight then drained (you can do a “quicky” soak by placing your cashews in boiling water for 1-2 hours)
- 1/2 jar of Vanilla Bean 700ml
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1 can (13.5 oz) full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Place all crust ingredients into a food processor and process until it’s the texture of coarse sand
- Pour the crust mixture into the springform pan and use your fingers to flatten it
- To make the cheesecake filling, add all ingredients to a high-powered blender. Blend on high for two to three minutes or until creamy
- Pour the cheesecake onto the crust and gently tap to flatten and remove any air bubbles. Freeze the cheesecake for at least 5 hours before serving
- Start making the caramel sauce: combine the coconut milk, coconut sugar and salt in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil (keeping a close eye on it, as it can quickly boil over), then immediately lower the temperature, keeping the sauce at a light simmer
- Simmer for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally. As the sauce reaches the last 5-8 minutes of cooking time, stir more frequently to incorporate the darker caramel bits from the bottom into the sauce
- Once the sauce has turned a dark amber and has thickened to coat the back of a spoon, remove from the heat and stir in the coconut oil and vanilla extract
- Refrigerate the sauce in a sealed glass jar (it will stay good for about 2 weeks in the refrigerator)
- When you’re ready to eat the cheesecake, take it out of the freezer at least 30 minutes before serving to thaw. Drizzle the salted caramel sauce on top – yum!
Share your creations!
Post your photos to our Facebook Page or use the hashtag #raglanfoodco on Instagram.
Share your creations!
Post your photos to our Facebook Page or use the hashtag
#raglanfoodco on Instagram.
Made this yum recipe with the raglan natural Greek yogurt instead and added about 1/4 coconut sugar to the mix. I like my cheesecake a bit tangy and it came out perfect! Totally worth making
Yay, happy to hear! That is a great tip, I might have to go and re-make the recipe now! ????