If you’re feeling blue, this blueberry tart is the one for you!
- 2 cups cashews
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 4 dates soaked in 3 tbsp water (for at least 15 minutes) – use both water and dates
- ¼ tsp salt
- 500 g frozen blueberries, mostly defrosted – keep aside 1/2 cup for decorating
- 5 dates (soaked in water for at least 15 minutes) – water strained off before use
- 2 tbsp psyllium husks
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- ¼ tsp salt
- Roughly 1 dessert spoon of Raglan Food Co – Plum & Vanilla Custard coconut yoghurt per tart. Or 5 dessert spoons for one full-sized tart.
- Frozen blueberries
- For the base, place cashews and desiccated coconut in a food processor and blend until fine.
- Add the dates, date water and salt and blend until the mixture is mostly smooth, well combined and sticking together nicely.
- Very firmly press the mixture down into the tin(s), while evenly spreading it on the bottom and up the sides. If you are using smaller tart tins then this mixture should make 4-5 tarts. I like to use tins with removable bottoms, to make removal easy!
- Once you’ve created your tart base, place it in the fridge while you make the filling.
- Leave your blueberries out to defrost before use. It is okay if they are not fully defrosted!
- Place the blueberries, dates, vanilla, lemon juice and salt in the blender. Blend until completely smooth and add more lemon juice or salt if need be.
- Once your mixture is at its desired consistency, add the psyllium husks and blend slowly until it is mixed well. The mixture will start to thicken, so you’ll need to transfer the mixture into your tart bases quickly.
- Fill your tarts with the berry mixture until they are almost full, then spoon in the coconut yoghurt, creating a swirled texture with your spoon.
- Decorate with more blueberries and enjoy!
A special thanks to Olivia Bragg for this delicious dessert recipe!