This ice cream tastes as good as it looks! Recipe below…
- 400ml tinned coconut milk
- 1 cup Raglan Food Co coconut yoghurt – Organic Blueberry flavour
- 3 cups fresh (or frozen) blueberries
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 6 tbsp maple syrup (or more to taste)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 6 vegan cookies – crumbled into mixed sized pieces
- 1 tbsp vodka (optional, to reduce iciness)
- Place the blueberries, lemon juice, orange juice and maple syrup in a pot. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Blend until smooth.
- Combine the blended mix with the coconut yoghurt, coconut milk, vanilla, vodka (if you choose to), cinnamon and crumbled cookies.
- Pour into a tin and freeze for 3-4 hours until set, making sure to take it out and stir every 30 minutes for the first 2 hours.
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before wanting to serve.
Thank you to Alisa over at @spatulisaa for this beautiful recipe!