Do not be fooled, this is a classic French pudding with a ‘healthy’ twist. Traditionally made with cherries, this simple, delicious pudding is filled with NZ blueberries. It’s light and healthy, so go on, treat yourself after dinner and you might almost feel like you’re relaxing in the French Riviera.
- 1 1/2 cup blueberries (frozen/fresh)
- 3 free range eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup Raglan Coconut Yoghurt
- 2 Tbsp shredded coconut
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- Spread the melted coconut oil over a shallow baking dish and heat your oven to 200C.
- Separate 1/2 cup on blueberries to use for the top, and add the remaining 1 cup to the dish, spreading them evenly around.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, coconut yoghurt and maple syrup to combine.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients and the vanilla extract, and continue to whisk to combine. You should end up with a creamy coloured fluid mixture.
- Pour the mixture over the blueberries to cover. Add the remaining 1/2 cup blueberries on top evenly.
- Bake for 35 minutes (approx). Your pudding will start to brown, check that a toothpick comes out clean to ensure the eggs are cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and dust with shredded coconut.
- Clafoutis is traditionally dusted with icing sugar and served warm with cream, but we like to serve it with a little more Raglan Coconut Yoghurt and additional berries. YUM!
This recipe was created by Thibah @thetilbatree-wholefoods, using Raglan Coconut Yoghurt.