These tasty little morsels are easy to make ahead of time – for an impromptu any-time sweet treat.
- ¾ cup raw cashews
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 3 medjool dates – pitted
- ¼ cup hot water
- ½ tbsp maple syrup
- 2-3 tbsp frozen blackcurrants
- 5 heaped tbsp Raglan Food Co coconut yoghurt – Vanilla Bean
If you eat these straight from the freezer, the texture is a little like ice cream. Or, place them on the side for 15-20 mins before serving for a softer bite.
- Soak the dates in hot water while you measure out the remaining ingredients.
- Place all of the case ingredients into a food processor. Blend – adding more water/almond if needed. Until you have a dough wet enough to shape, but not sticking to your hands.
- Choose a mini-muffin tray or silicone mould that makes bite-size pieces.
- Grease with coconut oil, or line carefully with baking paper.
- Gently press the case dough into the moulds and freeze overnight.
- Allow the blackcurrants to defrost in a bowl for around half an hour.
- Mix in the coconut yoghurt – it turns a gorgeous purple colour.
- Gently remove the cases from the moulds and place on a flat tray. Spoon in the filling.
- Freeze for a minimum of 2 hours before serving.
- Garnish with fresh mint and/or edible flowers, and enjoy!