A yummy breakfast muffin, with amaranth and brazil nuts for crunch.
- 1c Buckwheat flour
- 1/4c Whole wheat flour*
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4c Amaranth, uncooked
- 1/2c Coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 ripe Bananas, mashed
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2c Chopped brazil nuts (optional)
- 1-3 tbsp Rice syrup (adjust to preferred sweetness)
- 1c Raglan Coconut Yoghurt, Banana & Chai Flavour
- Mix all dry ingredients thoroughly.
- Mix RCY, Rice Syrup and Vanilla.
- Gradually add the yoghurt mixture to the dry mix, folding in until fully combined.
- Divide mixture into 6 large muffin cases/moulds or 12 small.
- Bake at 180 for 20-30 minutes, depending on the size of your cakes. When ready, they’ll turn a nice golden brown colour and be springy to touch. (You can always do the toothpick test to check that they are baked through!)
- Decorate however you like. I used a simple drizzle of rice syrup and desiccated coconut sprinkles with a brazil nut to finish.
- Enjoy with a hot cup of tea or coffee and a friend or two.