This dessert is perfect for entertaining because you can make the yoghurt sauce ahead of time. Let guests choose their own garnish by offering raisins, fresh raspberries or nuts on the side. Thanks to local Chef Jimmy Boswell for sharing this recipe!
- 1 cup Raglan Coconut Yoghurt
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp coconut butter
- 6 medium pears, peeled and halved
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 cup raw sugar, (or replace with ¼ cup raw honey)
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Combine yoghurt with half the honey and the cinnamon in a medium sized bowl. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 175 °C. Melt the coconut butter in a pan over medium heat. Add the pear halves to the pan with the remaining honey and cloves. Stir until pears are well coated.
- Transfer the pears to a baking dish, cut-side down, and sprinkle with sugar (or honey). Bake for 15 minutes, turning after 8–10 minutes.
- To serve, spoon pears into a small bowl and top with a dollop of honey yoghurt sauce.
- Sprinkle with walnuts or other chopped nuts to garnish. Enjoy!