This Dairy and Gluten Free treat isn’t your traditional crumble, eat it for dessert OR as a delicious and healthy breakfast. Thanks to José from Swoon Food for sharing this recipe with us!
- 3 apples
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup OR coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1 cup coconut thread
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp vanilla essence or powder
- pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC. Wash the apples and blueberries well, and peel the apples if you are not using organic. Cut the apples into small cubes about 1cm square, and place in a baking dish with the blueberries.
- To make the crumble, place the coconut oil and pure maple syrup (if using – otherwise add the coconut sugar to the dry ingredients) in a small pan and gently heat until melted. Remove from heat.
- Combine the coconut sugar (if using), almonds, coconut thread, cinnamon, ginger, vanilla and salt in a large bowl. Pour the melted coconut oil over the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pile the crumble on top of the fruit and place the dish in the centre of the preheated oven for approximately 30 minutes. The crumble is cooked when the fruit has softened (and will be piping hot!) and the crumble has turned a golden brown. Note: coconut sugar will create a much darker looking crumble than maple syrup.
- Serve large spoonfuls of crumble topped with lashings of Raglan Coconut Yoghurt.
This cooked crumble will keep covered in the fridge for up to 5 days, so make a large batch and you get to enjoy it all week!