Light and fluffy with a zesty bite, you’ll definitely enjoy a slice of this Almond Loaf for your afternoon tea.
- 2 cups blanched almond meal
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup Raglan Coconut Yoghurt
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Zest of 1/2 an orange
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup raw pistachios, gently broken/crushed
- Pre-heat your oven to 170C and lightly oil a standard sized loaf pan with olive oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the almond meal, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt.
- In a second bowl, combine the beaten eggs, honey, olive oil and the zest of your orange. Once the mixture is combined, add the Raglan Coconut Yoghurt, folding into the mix gently but well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry. Using a whisk, stir gently until there are few clumps remaining.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared loaf tin.
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes, until the loaf is golden brown. A toothpick should come out clean. Place on a wire rack to cool.
- To make the Glaze, combine the orange juice with the honey and cinnamon in a small saucepan. Warm over low-medium heat, while stirring, just until the honey is blended into the juice. Add the crushed pistachios and drizzle the orange-honey glaze over the warm loaf. It should soak in.
- Slice and serve.
This recipe was created by The Tilba Tree.